The Burrows on Big Glen Lake
NEW TO OUR INVENTORY! A vacation cottage steps from beautiful Glen Lake and walking distance to the charming village of Glen Arbor.
This fully furnished vacation cottage is just one block from the public sailboat and kayak access to Big Glen Lake, three blocks to the village of Glen Arbor, and four blocks to the Lake Michigan beach. Once you arrive for the week, leave your car keys on the counter! This location allows you to walk or bike to everything Glen Arbor has to offer: shops, restaurants, bakeries, galleries, tennis courts, playground, charter fishing, wineries, and kayaking on the Crystal River.
This cottage has three bedrooms and one bathroom to easily accommodate six people. One bedroom has a queen bed, one with two twin beds, and one with a twin trundle bed (two twin beds). A pack n' play is also available. The bathroom includes a generous shower (the length of a bathtub). Towels and linens are included. In addition, there is a full size washer and dryer available for use.
The cottage has a large, fully equipped kitchen with stove/oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, and new dishwasher. The kitchen overlooks the large living room, including a dining table that seats six, window air conditioning unit, and a TV with DVD player and cable. Additionally, there is high speed and wireless internet throughout. NO SMOKING, PLEASE. The cottage is pet friendly with one dog welcome. There is an additional $150, non-refundable pet fee for those who choose to bring their pet.
The cottage has a spacious front deck with patio furniture (not pictured, since these photos were taken in late fall). The deck includes a gas grill, and there is a fire pit in the front yard to enjoy. The driveway includes space for parking two cars.
RATES: $1,500 Prime Weeks (Memorial Day – Labor Day), $175 per night during off season, three night minimum.
Guests staying at the cottage can enjoy the following activities:
- Boat rental on beautiful Glen Lake at the Glen Craft Marina, or launch your own sailboat, one block walking distance from the cottage.
- Walk three blocks into Glen Arbor to Cherry Republic, Art's Tavern, Leelanau Coffee Roasters, Anderson's IGA Market, The Pine Cone ice cream shop, and M22 sportswear and winery.
- Enjoy Lake Michigan on Sleeping Bear Bay, a four block walk from the cottage.
- Rent bikes for the family in Glen Arbor at The Cyclery, Leelanau County's only full-service bike shop.
- Walk three blocks into Glen Arbor to rent kayaks at Crystal River Outfitters.
- Enjoy Glen Arbor's Farmers' Market every Tuesday morning in the summer behind the Town Hall, a three block walk from the cottage.
- Other area attractions include: The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Pierce Stocking Drive with hikes and scenic views, Glen Haven, the village of Empire, Traverse City, including its breweries and annual Cherry Festival, the wineries of Leelanau County and Old Mission Peninsula, the shops and restaurants of Leland and Sutton's Bay, and the Port Oneida Fair in August.
and criteria that apply to each rental home:
- No smoking.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Weekly rate does not include MI sales tax, cleaning fee, or processing fee.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Money Order, Cashiers or Personal Check.
- Cancellation Policy: Must cancel 90 days in advance to receive a full refund. Full refund given if home is re-rented.
- Security Deposit Options: A) $48 non-refundable deposit which will give you $3000 worth of vacation rental damage insurance for the duration of your stay, or B) $500 refundable deposit after your stay is complete. Deposit is due at the time of making the reservation.
|Month Available|| Weeks Available - Saturday - Saturday|